Monday, January 11, 2010

"don't let your heart be filled with sorrow, for all you know tomorrow the dreams that you wish will come true."

Time for my recap of Friday, January 8th!

I woke up super early just for you guys that morning, to post another blog. As you can tell, I have lots of catching up to do, so I got a head start then. I woke up a grumpy Caroline (she’s so not a morning person, even at the most magical place on earth), and we actually made it to Everything Pop in time for breakfast! I know, astounding. I had a famous Pop waffle, which was cute on top of tasty. The sun decided to grace us with its presence, so it was a perfect morning to jet over to Epcot!

Epcot is so massive that it requires two days, at least. We still didn’t get everything done, but that’s okay. The first thing we did upon entering the turnstiles was get our pictures taken with Daisy Duck! She is so freaking precious, with her lavender bow. She’s a ham too, really shows off for the crowd. We ate it up, and skipped over to Spaceship Earth in high spirits. Spaceship Earth is inside – yay! Warmth! – and features cool scenes depicting the progress of technology from the earliest civilizations to today.

We’d knocked out most of Future World on Tuesday, so we got FastPasses for Test Track and ambled to the Imagination Pavilion. I’m not a big fan of either the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 3D show or the refurbished Journey Into Imagination with Figment, but I love the jumping fountains in the courtyard. I could watch them all day. We ambled along the pretty rose path – though it looked nothing compared to Epcot in its Flower & Garden show splendor – to World Showcase. We started at the other end this time, exploring Canada first. Canada’s one of my most favorite pavilions. The gardens in front are gorgeous, and the Niagara Falls replica is incredible. The movie “O Canada” is great, too…it reminds me of my mom. My great-grandfather came from Nova Scotia, so Canada holds a special place in my heart!

Next we hit up the UK. I’m obsessed with England…I have no clue why. I just think everything British is fascinating. The pavilion is adorable. We saw a little “King Arthur” street show put on by some British Cast Members; I hadn’t laughed so hard in a long time. I got my LeJeune coat of arms printed out at one of the shops! It’s fancy and awesome. After we had our fill of jolly good British fun, we checked out the France pavilion. The first thing I saw was Marie from The Aristocat taking pictures and signing autographs; I literally ran screaming to her line. I feel foolish, but in all my trips I’ve never seen her in the parks! She was adorable and I was happy.

It was time for our lunch ADRs at Les Chefs de France. I truly love that restaurant. The French waiters are so cute, the way they call us “mademoiselle.” The maître d’ said, “Oh, you haf a French last name!” He was so excited. I laughed.

The food at Chefs de France is wonderful. I’ve gotten the escargots before, but I went with the soupe a l’oignon gratinee (traditional onion and cheese soup – made me think of Julia Child!), croquet monsieur (ham and cheese sandwich with salad), and of course the crème brulee. Every bite was heaven. Then Remy from Ratatouille visited us! It was adorable. Caroline said, “I wish I knew how to say ‘como estas’ in French..” ……I laughed a lot. She will never live it down. Although it had begun to rain, we left Les Chefs de France stuffed and happy. The best part was, nobody got food poisoning! Yay!

After lunch, we meandered back to Future World to use our Test Track FastPasses. Fun fun, even in the cold. It was raining on and off, so we stopped in at the Art of Disney store very briefly to check out the sculptures before taking the monorail to the TTC then the MK. We arrived at the MK in time to see the Dream Along with Mickey Castle-front stage show. I’ve seen it several times, but it doesn’t get old! Then we headed to Adventureland to visit the birds in the Enchanted Tiki Room. I knew it would be our last night in the MK (sniffle), so despite the cold I got a Dole Whip Float from Aloha Isle in Adventureland. Dole Whips are a Disney specialty – they consist of pineapple- or orange-flavored soft serve. The floats are soft serve in pineapple juice! It’s really different and yummy.

Of course, I was freezing after eating the ice cream, so we headed into Pirates of the Caribbean to stay dry and warm. Then it was on to the Haunted Mansion, Caroline’s favorite attraction. It was dinnertime at that point, so we walked back to Frontierland to Pecos Bill. That place has the best Quick Service meals for cold nights, like their “bowl of meat,” as the BOGP calls the taco salad, and their chili.

After dinner, we headed back towards Main Street to do some last-minute shopping at the Emporium. The MK was running a special: buy $40 worth of stuff, get a Cinderella Castle throw for $15. The throw is BEAUTIFUL. It features CC lit up for Christmas, and boy is it warm. Caro and I both found $40 worth of crap to buy (like that’s hard…I’m only obsessed with Disney merchandise) and got our pretty blankets!

It was nearly time for Wishes at that point. We napped our Tomorrowland spot, but for some reason it was so smoky that you couldn’t even see the fireworks! You heard the crackle, the saw bursts of light behind the thick smoke. At one point, even CC looked murky. It was weird, but I cried anyway, because it was our last night there. I pretty much cried all the way out of the park and on the way back to the resort, because I’m weird.

Yeah, we actually went straight to the resort that night without any extra adventures, because we were tired. We stayed in, eating candy and watching the show Criminal Minds, which is addicting, by the way. We didn’t go to sleep early, even though we were planning on hitting up Hollywood Studios early the next day.

Stay tuned for my recap of our final day!

See you real soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some pixie dust. You know you wanna :]